B Visa – Travelers and Visitors
- Duration: 1, 3, 10 Years allowing visit for 6 months of the year
- Potential extension for 6 months
- If you stay 1 year, you have to leave the country.
- Travel for less than 90 days may not require a visa if country of origin falls under the Visa Waiver Program
B-1 — Business Travelers and Domestic Servants
- Does not receive income from US source.
- May allow:
- Business Activities not immediately resulting in revenue (meetings, site surveyance, investment, research, advertising, negotiations, etc.)
- Estate Settlement
- Meetings or Professional Conferences
- Domestic Servant accompanying employer
- Employer has non-immigrant visa
- Employed at least 1 year outside US
- Signing contracts, negotiations, etc.
- Competing in America with a foreign team
- Trying out for a team.
B-2 — Tourist (Pleasure or Medical Treatment)
- No monetary remuneration
- Visiting family / friends
- Event Participation
- Medical Treatment