Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Blessing Associates (“Company“, “we“, “us“, “our“). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact with questions
We are the people behind the website and products related to Blessing Associates (also referred to as “Blessing BLC”). Our purpose is to provide editorials, reviews, articles, link databases, and news alerts related to business and professional topics.
- Our website.
- Our social media accounts (including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn); and
- Automattic (WordPress) products, services, and features that are available on or through our website (for example, the Payments feature, the Pay with PayPal block, WordPress.com VIP, Jetpack, the WooCommerce Services Extension, Gravatar, Akismet).
To keep things simple, in this Privacy Notice we’ll refer to the users of the services we provide through these products and services–such as a website’s administrator, contributor, author, or editor–as our “Users.” Visitors to this Site can read published content and interact with the Site through features such as comments, “likes,” poll/survey responses, and follows.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Blessing Associates, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services. We make every effort to ensure our services and communications are anonymous, protecting both yours and our identities.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it per its intended purpose (e.g. keeping an email address only as long as it takes to respond to your contact request).
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared publicly (or kept private) and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- We personally do not share information about users except where such data sharing is required by legal authorities under the law.
This Privacy Notice explains how we, at Blessing Associates, process information about users.
Information We Collect About Our Users
We collect information about visitors to our Site in a few different ways–we collect certain information that the visitors provide to the Site through voluntary communications, and we collect some information automatically.
Information a User Provides
Users primarily share information when they type into a text field or interact with postings, like a comment field, a contact form, email communications, social media postings, social media shares, social media likes or follows, social media direct messages, or a sign-up form. Our Site may also implement other ways to allow visitors to provide information directly.
Here are the most common ways in which a visitor directly provides information to us:
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to a Site using Jetpack or WordPress.com, we collect the sign-up information requested by the Site, which typically includes an email address and/or a link to the users own blog or gravatar profile.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on a Site, we collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- Crowdsignal Survey Responses: When a visitor completes a poll, quiz, or other type of survey prepared by a User via Crowdsignal.com or Kwiksurveys.com, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information that the survey owner requires for a poll/quiz/survey response.
- Direct Communication: When a visitor emails or directly communicates with the site owner, the provided data may be collected as needed for follow-up communication. This includes for example names or usernames given and email addresses.
- Social Media Communications: When a visitor interacts with social media sites, their public data may be collected including usernames and links to affiliated profiles.
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Site registration.
In brief: we personally do not collect information except what you voluntarily and knowingly provide by inputting data into our contact form, by including it in emails, by making comments, or other deliberately shared data. In general, this information may include your Name, Email Address, Username, and information you input into the ‘message’ or ‘content’ boxes.
Please understand that we have no control over the information gathered by third parties related to this site. There are many third-parties that perform platform and system operations (e.g. WordPress and its partners), that host affiliated social media accounts (e.g. Twitter, Facebook), that are connected to through outbound links (e.g. links in blog posts to resources, references, third-party sites), that are connected to through affiliate and shopping links (e.g. Redbubble, Amazon), that offer banking and financial services, that offer Search Engine Management (e.g. Google Analytics, Bing Analytics, Yandex Analytics), and other potential external, third-party connections.
In any situation where a third party is involved, it is not in the power of Blessing Associates to control their privacy policies, the data they collect, the data they share, or any other aspect of their operations. If you have any concerns about the safety of your information in the hands of these third parties, please refer directly to their own websites. We are not responsible for nor liable for any actions taken by third-parties you may come across while interacting with the services and writings of Blessing Associates.
Information that may be gathered includes but is not limited to your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics. While this information does not reveal your specific identity, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser or device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you interacted with our services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, for internal analytics, and for reporting purposes.
We do not perform email or phone marketing services, and your provided information will never be used by our site for personalized or targeted services. We cannot however control how the third parties (namely WordPress and its partners, Bing, Google Analytics, or Yandex) use this information. You can find their privacy policies here:
- Microsoft (Bing)
The four sites listed above in particular (but any third-party in actuality) may also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. This information may include but is not limited to:
- Log and Usage Data – Service related, diagnostic, usage and performance information automatically collected when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. This may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, information about your activity on the website (e.g. date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches), device event information (e.g. system activity, error reports).
- Device Data – Information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device used to access our services. This may include your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, ISP and/or Mobil Carrier, Operating System, and system configuration information
- Location Data – Information about your device’s location, which may be either precise or imprecise. You can opt out of allowing us (or third parties) to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your location settings on your device. A VPN may also be beneficial.
Please be aware that we have not enabled demographic tracking and will not enable it in the future. We minimize wherever possible the information third-parties have access to through our services and will not enable additional data collection.
This website does accept online payments to Blessing Associates and users can make purchases through our RedBubble Store. Information gathered may include payment information offered in the course of a purchase (such as name, address, credit card number, etc.). All information is stored by and gathered by the third party directly (Redbubble, Stripe, Venmo, Paypal, and Buy Me a Coffee). You can review their privacy policies here:
In the event that a purchase is made on RedBubble, please be aware that data collection and order management are not in the control of or made by Blessing Associates. Blessing Associates will only upload the designs and make a royalty from each sale. We do not manage the manufacturing, shipping, or distribution of the goods. RedBubble is responsible for the actual sale and distribution of goods.
If there are concerns about data collection or privacy related to the use of these sites, please refer to their individual privacy policies.
This website includes many third-party links in blog articles as sources, references, links to videos or images, etc. It is highly recommended that you use all possible caution before following links where privacy concerns are at stake. We make every effort to only link to reliable sources or to provide you with the name of the source on our site for review before following the link. If you do run into issues with one of the sources on our site, please contact us immediately for its removal.
This website uses Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Yandex Webmaster Tools as part of search engine optimization. Through these parties, this site may collect derivative data including user’s IP address, browser, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, and information about how and when users visit the website. The information gathered (generally through cookies) will be transmitted to that company’s location and services for storage.
Google Analytics also uses electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used.
You can find additional information on how to install the browser add-on referenced above at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
For the cases in which personal data is transferred to the US, Google has self-certified pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
How We Use Visitor Information
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
Personal data that is identifiable to a specific user is primarily used to:
- To Offer User-to-User and User-to-Site Communication Services. We allow users to register for emailed updates about posts and within the email is a link to the ‘unsubscribe’ options. We also provide comment boxes where users can communicate voluntarily with each other or comment on the services offered.
- To Protect Underage Persons. We may ask viewers to confirm their age is older than 18 to ensure underage persons are protected from potentially graphic images or details. Cookies are set to expire immediately upon closing the browser.
- To Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
- To Protect Our Services. This includes but is not limited to flagging and monitoring trolls and spam commenters, and blocking or restricting persons breaching our terms and conditions or who are participating in hate speech, online bullying, etc.
- To Follow Up on Communication Requests. We may use the provided information to communicate with you where such communication is requested or suggested in the context of the situation. Unsolicited communication and any direct marketing will not be used.
- To Enforce Our Terms & Conditions or to Comply with Legal and Regulatory Requirements. This includes but is not limited to maintaining tax and financial records for IRS purposes.
- To Respond to Legal Requests and Prevent Harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To Process Orders or Purchases. We may use your information to provide requested services and to ensure receipts and products are properly delivered.
- To Offer Support for Our Services. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For Other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, to evaluate and improve our Website, products, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
Anonymous data may be gathered via surveys or opinion polls and the results published. In this case, personal data that might identify the specific visitor will in no way be requested or shared.
This website has no intention of collection or retaining information beyond the brief time it is needed for these purposes. Once the communication or order is completed, private data will be deleted from our personal systems within 90 days.
How We Share Visitor Information
Blessing Associates will never directly share your information with others except in the limited circumstances listed below. Information will be kept only so long as is necessary to complete the requested communication (e.g. to respond to your contact request) or as long as you leave the comment up. Where communication has ended, the information, emails, or any copies of communications will be deleted within 90 days except where maintained for the protection of Blessing Associate’s legal interests.
We may share information collected about Users in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legal Requests & Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Forwarding Materials to Police: Blessing Associates is not a government, police, or investigative agency. Should you contact us with information (email, contact form, comments, any other format) or should we deem information provided to be significant in an on-going investigation or to the health and safety of others, we may at our own discretion provide that material to the relevant police. In this situation, information will be sent to the formally recognized national police agency; this would not include an NGO, non-profit, or other organization. The material will be sent in-tact and police will have full access to any attached personal information, whether it is knowingly provided (email address, name, username, etc.) or embedded in the platform (IP address, location, etc.). We offer NO ASSURANCES OF ANONYMITY from the police!
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Blessing Associates or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that Blessing Associates goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, User information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to user information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Information Shared Publicly: Information that users choose to make public is disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like user comments and “likes” are all available to others, including information about the user that is displayed in connection with a comment or “like” (such as a visitor’s WordPress.com username and Gravatar). Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
We do not control what advertisers or third party sites might do. Potential third parties that may collect and or share data include, but are not limited to:
- WordPress & Partner Services
Their privacy policies apply to actions taken by those sites. There may be affiliate links on this website that may interact with third party sites and their privacy policies would apply. Please stay informed and be vigilant!
How Long We Keep Visitor Information
If we are not legally required to keep it, we generally discard information about users within 90 days when no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — those purposes which are described in the “How We Use Visitor Information” section above.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Our Services may contain ads from third party ad networks and advertisers, and our site may integrate other tools and services (such as Google Analytics, Yandex Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, and third party plugins). Please note that this Privacy Notice only covers the collection of information by Blessing Associates, and does not cover the collection by any third party.
Ad networks and analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about visitors’ use of a Site and across other websites and online services, such as a visitor’s IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked, and conversion information. This information may be used by those companies to, among other things, analyze and track usage, determine the popularity of certain content, and deliver advertisements that may be more targeted to visitor interests. For more information about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org, and for more information on interest-based ads, including information about how visitors may be able to opt out of having their web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit aboutads.info/choices (US based) and youronlinechoices.eu (EU based).
Is Your Information Safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process.
However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
Do We Collect Information from Minors (18 or Younger)
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website.
If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Is Your Informaiton Shared Internationally
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in the United States, and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) or United Kingdom (UK), then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
Your Privacy Rights
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Do Not Track Control
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
California Specific Protections
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
(1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and(2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth|
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information|
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements|
|G. Geolocation data||Device location|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us|
|J. Education Information||Student records and directory information|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics|
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by email at email@example.com or by visiting blessingblc.org/contact
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal data.
Blessing Associates has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months. Blessing Associates will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, users and other consumers.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data – Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed – Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- you may object to the processing of your personal data
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting blessingblc.org/contact. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
Review or Update Your Information
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit: blessingblc.org/contact