Contact with questions
Let’s hang out
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Blessing BLC, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared publicly (or kept private) and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
This Privacy Notice explains how we, at Blessing BLC, process information about the visitors of our users’ websites in connection with the services we provide through WordPress.com, Jetpack (including WooCommerce Services), and Akismet.
What This Privacy Notice Covers
We are the people behind the website and products related to Blessing BLC. Our purpose is to provide articles, resources, and information related to international business, law and culture.
- Our website (including thesuitcasedetective.com);
- Our social media accounts (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or Pinterest); and
- Automattic (WordPress) products, services, and features that are available on or through our website (for example, the Payments feature, the Pay with PayPal block, WordPress.com VIP, Jetpack, the WooCommerce Services Extension, Gravatar, Akismet).
Products may be offered through links on this website, offered via online shopping sites including RedBubble, TeePublic, Society6, and/or Zazzle. In the even that a purchase is made on those websites, please be aware that data collection is not in the control of or made by Blessing BLC. Blessing BLC will upload the designs and makes a royalty from each sale; those sites themselves manage and are responsible for the actual sale and distribution of goods. If there are concerns about data collection or privacy related to the use of these sites, please refer to their individual privacy policies.
- RedBubble (https://www.redbubble.com/privacy)
- TeePublic (https://www.teepublic.com/privacy_policy)
- Society 6 (https://society6.com/privacy)
- Zazzle (https://www.zazzle.com/mk/policy/privacy_policy)
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any actions taken by social media sites. For information about their privacy and data collection policies please refer to their specific privacy notices:
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/en/privacy)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation)
- YouTube (https://policies.google.com/privacy)
- Pinterest (https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy)
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any actions taken by third-parties when visitors click and open links on this site. Blessing BLC is in no way affiliated to these parties and has no control over their operations should visitors follow links.
The views expressed by third-parties that link to Blessing BLC or are linked to by Blessing BLC may not be shared by the owners of Blessing BLC.
To keep things simple, in this Privacy Notice we’ll refer to the users of the services we provide through these products and services–such as a website’s administrator, contributor, author, or editor–as our “Users.” Visitors to this Site can read published content and interact with the Site through features such as comments, “likes,” poll/survey responses, and follows.
We put together this Privacy Notice to help our Users understand the information we collect about Users.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect About Visitors to Our Users’ Sites
We collect information about visitors to our Site in a few different ways–we collect certain information that the visitors provide to the Site through voluntary communications and we collect some information automatically.
Information a Visitor Provides to a Site
Information users provide to the site primarily happens when visitors type into a text field, like a comment field, a contact form, email communications, social media postings, social media shares, social media likes or follows, social media direct messages, or a sign-up form. Our Site may also implement other ways to allow visitors to provide information directly.
Here are the most common ways in which a visitor directly provides information to a Site:
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to a Site using Jetpack or WordPress.com, we collect the sign-up information requested by the Site, which typically includes an email address and/or a link to the users own blog or gravatar profile.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on a Site, we collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- Crowdsignal Survey Responses: When a visitor completes a poll, quiz, or other type of survey prepared by a User via Crowdsignal.com or Kwiksurveys.com, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information that the survey owner requires for a poll/quiz/survey response.
- Direct Communication: When a visitor emails or directly communicates with the site owner, the provided data may be collected as needed for follow-up communication. This includes for example names or usernames given and email addresses.
- Social Media Communications: When a visitor interacts with social media sites, their public data may be collected including usernames and links to affiliated profiles.
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Site registration.
Information We Automatically Collect from the Site
WordPress may also automatically collect some information about visitors to a Site and that data may be shared with the site owners. The information collected depends on which of our services the visitor uses. We’ve listed examples below:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: Wordpress collects and makes available to the site owner information such as the referring site, the date and time of access, and affiliated blogs or sites linked to the users WordPress profile.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to a Site using WordPress.com or Jetpack.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally how many people visit their Sites from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about the WordPress Site Stats feature for WordPress.com sites and Jetpack sites.
- Akismet Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address…oh, and the comment itself, of course).
- Crowdsignal Response Information: We collect information about visitors who respond to a Crowdsignal survey. The information that we collect typically includes IP address, browser type, operating system, user agent, and the web page last visited.
How We Use Visitor Information
We use information about Site visitors in order to provide our Services to our Users.
Personal data that is identifiable to a specific user is primarily used to:
- Allow users to register for emailed updates about posts
- Flag and fight spam commenters
- Follow up on direct communication or comments that request a response. Unsolicited communication will not be used.
- To process orders or donations to ensure receipts and products are properly delivered.
Anonymous data may be gathered via surveys or opinion polls and the results published. In this case, personal data that might identify the specific visitor will in no way be requested or shared.
This website has no intention of collection or retaining information beyond the brief time it is needed for these purposes. Once the communication or order is completed, private data will be deleted from our systems.
How We Share Visitor Information
Blessing BLC will never directly share your information with others. However, we do not control what advertisers or third party sites might do.
Potential third parties that may collect and or share data include, but are not limited to:
- Society 6
Their privacy policies apply to actions taken by those sites. There may be affiliate links on this website that may interact with third party sites and their privacy policies would apply. Please stay informed and be vigilant!
We may share information collected about Site visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose Site visitor information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information, please see our Legal Guidelines.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose Site visitor information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Blessing BLC or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that Automattic goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, Site visitor information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to Site visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Information Shared Publicly: Information that visitors choose to make public is disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like visitor comments and “likes” are all available to others, including information about the visitor that is displayed in connection with a comment or “like” (such as a visitor’s WordPress.com username and Gravatar). Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
How Long We Keep Visitor Information
If we are not legally required to keep it, we generally discard information about Site visitors when no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — those purposes which are described in the “How We Use Visitor Information” section above.
Our Users’ Sites may contain ads from third party ad networks and advertisers, and our site may integrate other tools and services (such as Google Analytics and third party plugins). Please note that this Privacy Notice only covers the collection of information by Blessing BLC, and does not cover the collection by any third party.
Ad networks and analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about visitors’ use of a Site and across other websites and online services, such as a visitor’s IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked, and conversion information. This information may be used by those companies to, among other things, analyze and track usage, determine the popularity of certain content, and deliver advertisements that may be more targeted to visitor interests. For more information about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org, and for more information on interest-based ads, including information about how visitors may be able to opt out of having their web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit aboutads.info/choices (US based) and youronlinechoices.eu (EU based).